Thursday, June 10, 2010

Back to Normal

Well here it is not even a month since John came back from Afghanistan and things are surprisingly back to normal.
Everybody always asks me how I do everything while he's gone. My answer is because I have to. Somebody has to take care of the 3 kids and 3 dogs and the house and the lawn. Time and life doesn't stop....it keeps going. The only thing I can do is put on my big girl panties and get to work.
Rest assured that everything got done. It may not have been how everyone else thought it should be done, but it was done. The kids were fed, laundry was done, and the dogs didn't go hungry, lol.
I think I did a pretty good job for the past 7 months. Both of the kids are now moving on to the next grade in school so right away that's a good sign, right?
Today is the last day of school for my kids. That means that I don't have to get up and take them to school every morning. I will still have to get up around 6 AM though. My toddler doesn't seem to care if I want to sleep late or not. I'm glad this deployment is over. We are all glad to have "daddy" home again. We're going to enjoy the time we have with him because we know he'll have to go back in about a year or so. And to be honest, that's ok. You never really get use to having your husband gone...it just becomes the "norm".....but as for now, it's back to normal around here...whatever THAT is, lol!

1 comment:

  1. You're a stronger woman than I am! I don't know how you do it. I can barely keep my own life together. I miss talking with you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete